Sign in to follow this  
johnnix

Error compiling after uninstalling Delphi

Hello,

I have both 10.4 and 11 installed on my computer, so today I decided to uninstall Delphi 11. Now when I try to biuld my projects I get the follwoing error, can you please help me resolve this?

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Borland.Studio.Interop.IInteropMessageService'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{FF877130-F96F-3885-9A3E-3093A3C1D831}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))

Thank you all for your time and support!

Looks like a COM-Server got uninstalled when you removed Delphi 11, which is also being used by Delphi 10.4. The easiest fix is probably to do a repair installation of Delphi 10.4.<LastPatchLevel>

8 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

Looks like a COM-Server got uninstalled when you removed Delphi 11, which is also being used by Delphi 10.4. The easiest fix is probably to do a repair installation of Delphi 10.4.<LastPatchLevel>

Hello,

I tried running the installer again (10.4 iso) but I cannot see a repair installation, it prompts me to uninstall 10.4 first.

4 hours ago, johnnix said:

I tried running the installer again (10.4 iso) but I cannot see a repair installation, it prompts me to uninstall 10.4 first.

I could have sworn that there is a repair option, but apparently that was from an older Delphi version. Now cannot even find the Delphi 10.4 entry in my Windows 10 "Uninstall or change a program" list. Sorry for not being helpful at all.

3 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

I could have sworn that there is a repair option, but apparently that was from an older Delphi version. Now cannot even find the Delphi 10.4 entry in my Windows 10 "Uninstall or change a program" list. Sorry for not being helpful at all.

No problem at all!!!!! I may have to reinstall everything after all