Ann Lynnworth

announce: Rubicon Full Text Search v4.072 released

Rubicon v4.072 for Delphi is available now.  This is a free upgrade for existing customers. 

There is a Free Lite version available for Delphi 10 and Delphi 11;  download from https://www.href.com/rbcdnload.

I am still looking for a couple more people to give new-user feedback.  Just fill in the fairly short survey on this page, https://www.href.com/rubicon, and you will receive a significant discount to the pro version with full source.

Since February, Rubicon has its own Discourse home located at https://forum.href.com/c/rubicon-full-text-search-for-delphi/5   If you would like to talk directly with other Delphi developers who have used Rubicon, please feel free to stop by.

Ann Lynnworth
Co-Founder and Bottle Washer
HREF Tools Corp.

• Like 1

Hello,

I would like to test the Rubicon Lite version, but currently the download links (both for Delphi 10.4 and 11)  tell me Access denied.

Perhaps you could describe a little more what this is all about?

On 3/21/2022 at 4:44 AM, Ann Lynnworth said:

Rubicon v4.072 for Delphi is available now.  This is a free upgrade for existing customers.

4 minutes ago, toms said:

I don't want to sound snarky but perhaps the title gives a clue, "full text search." Or you could follow the link in her post which takes you to an "overview" page with a full description of the product.

I'm playing dumb: Where full-text search? In a database, in which, in files etc? Yes, I could follow the link and maybe find relevant info? However, why are they not posted here...

No further discussion is necessary, as it is out of the question for me anyway.

Hi .... 
The links have been fixed.  My apologies.  Long excuses omitted.

Rubicon components help with full text search against any text field(s) in any DBMS that FireDAC connects to.  The FireDAC capability varies by your Delphi license.  Some people have also used Rubicon to index files whose content is not in a database, but they figured that out how to do that by reading the source code.

I am basically an avid user of Rubicon (with IBObjects+FirebirdSQL and NexusDB) who took on maintenance of the software around the time of Delphi 7.  I needed it to work with UnicodeString when Delphi moved forward.  And then win64.

Over the last few years, we replaced the BDE bridge with a FireDAC bridge.  I was super familiar with the BDE.  For FireDAC, I still have to read the DocWiki pages.

I am still learning Rubicon's potential. 

Happy to explain further if anyone wishes.  Now, or later. <g>

-Ann