Sign in to follow this  
Blavatsky

KILLER PROJECT - RESUSCITATE MWA DB JPEG COMPONENT LIBRARY

HELLO TO ONE AND ALL...
FOR THOSE THAT HAVE THE INCLINATION
CAN WE FORM A 'CIRCLE' TO NUT OUT HOW TO RESURRECT MWA DB JPEG COMPONENT LIBRARY V1.8 FROM DELPHI 5 TO DELPHI ALEXANDRIA. [ I ALSO HAVE D2010 ENT.  BUT NEVER REALLY USED IT ]
WHY ?
BECAUSE ONCE THE MS ACCESS DATABASE IS FORMED YOU CAN USE IT TO LOAD 100-1000 IMAGES IN A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME.

WHAT HAVE I DONE SO FAR ?

I HAVE MANAGED TO USED DELPHI 5 ENTERPRISE AND MWA DB JPEG WITH A SPECIAL "LOAD DB" WHICH THE AUTHOR OF MWA JPEG , TONY WHYMAN, MADE FOR ME MANY MANY MOONS AGO ~2002.
THE PROJECT WAS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN FOR PARADOX 7 [ WITH MWA JPEG COMPONENTS] SO IT HAD TABLES WHICH DELPHI ALEXANDRIA NO LONGER USES, SO ADO OR SOMETHING ELSE IS PROBABLY THE WA\Y TO GO..

BUT, I HAVE FIDDLED AND GOT AN EXE USING ACCDB WORKING.  ON DELPHI 5 ON XP COMPUTER.
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THE EXE PROGRAM IS THAT THE LAST JPEG IS ENTERED  AS THE FIRST ENTRY IN THE DATABASE. I AM NOT SURE WHY THAT IS.
ANYWAY I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THIS 'FEATURE' AT MY FINGERTIPS IN DELPHI ALEXANDRIA ON WIN 10 HOME EDITION 64BIT - TO WORK ON AN ANCIENT EGYPTIAN SCRIPT PROJECT LATER AND OTHER LANGUAGE STUFF.

I HAVE A ~MONTH TO DO SOMETHING BEFORE MY GOVT TRIES TO FRY MY BRAIN. 6TH MAY 2022 IS THE HEARING DATE.

I HAVE COME ACROSS SOME INTERESTING STUFF

JEDI VCL - I do recommend to create restore point before loading JEDI STUFF as it is virtually impossible to uninstall if something goes wrong.
unRXLIB 4 - I think this fellow lives in Ukraine. I made a PDF for installing it.
NativeXML - XMLeditor demo looked interesting not sure if I got it working ... one of the PAS files was missing.
NativeJpeg - I got the viewer demo working after playing around with it.
GR32 - linked to NativeXML project I think
ZLib - linked to NativeXML project I think

Deleaker - might need some evolution to suggest fixes for leaks ... still in its early stages
FastMM5 - nice work 15 % faster apparently
Penganza Analyzer I think this acts like a USES wizard not sure about that.
Revo Uninstaller is good for reloading Delphi as its uninstaller is below PAR IMHO

Paradox Data Editor was OK to convert paradox to MS access
RAD & INSTALLER

SOMETHING ON HUFFMAN TREE - PROGRAMMING REDUCTIONISM/ INFORMATION COMPRESSION WHERE ENTROPY IS USED AS A METRIC FOR EFFICIENCY
WHERE EFFICIENCY = ENTROPY [h] IN BITS / LENGTH IN BITS 

CHEERS
RICHARD C

Edited by Blavatsky

I'm using google translate. The result is appalling.
To the problem: it is on the db where to store the record. You must don't care! You must secure the order in Query using ORDER BY. Not different.

Hello Stano,
I will double check the reference to "ORDER BY' IN AN  ADO QUERY- I know about that but thanks.
The main question is migration from Delphi 5 to Delphi 11 [290] Alexandria

UNLESS OF COURSE THERE IS AN EASIER WAY USING DELPHI ALEXANDRIA DBIMAGE VISUAL COMPONENTS, AS A WORK-A-ROUND SOLUTION
FOR BULK LOADING DATABASE WITH A FOLDER FULL OF JPEGS.

Please use lowercase letters. That's how you yell at us.
I hardly understand anything about it. I have a fundamental question: where are the jpegs stored?
In DB as BLOB or on disk? This is where working with them comes from. I recommend deploying FireDAC.

8 hours ago, Blavatsky said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. BLAH BLAH.

Calm down, dude.

• Like 1

Hi Stano,
BLOB field in accdb.
I like the fact that the old "Load DB" project can add ~ 1000 jpeg files by selecting a whole folder of jpeg files and then the program recursively adds them all to the accdb DATABASE in a few seconds.
I asked Embarcadero for a demo that does this and they were unwilling to help.

It is like being so close ... yet so far.

Normally, I buy components and ask people to help me write the necessary code.
Tony Whyman who kindly helped me so many years ago is busy working on other projects like Lazarus.

Edited by Blavatsky

I have never done it. But the procedure is clear:

• You will be browsing the directory
  • For each image, you insert it into the BLOB using TStream from file

On internet are examples of this. I don't know more
Good luck

Hi Stano,

I changed delphi 5 project from ADOTable to ADOQUERY with order by 'subject' field
the sql string was a bit tricky but I eventually got it sorted.

now it starts from first image.

Just have to learn how to Migrate from D5 to Alexandria

cheers

Richard C