Sign in to follow this  
Camilo

Using GoogleTest for C++Builder with classic compiler win32

Hi 

I am trying to use Googletest for my project write in C++Builder. We are using the classic compiler for Win32. I could see some help for the Clang compiler win64. But it doesn't help for classic compiler. 

I already install Googletest using the GetIt Package. Please how to continue, to integrate googletest in my project so that I can start unit test.

Tanks.

Best regards.

You can't use googletest with the classic compiler. GoogleTest requires at least C++11 support (I think). It definitely will not compile with the classic compiler.

For classic compiler you need to use the DUnit test framework. This is a little limited but it works very well and reliably.

Thank you very much for your Answer. I already tried to use DUnit for my C++ Builder. But I got some problems when compiling the Tests: My project couldn't file the include files anymore. But when I compile my project without DUnit Test, my project can find its inluded files. I couldn't find any support for that problem. This is why I am trying the only alternative I heard about: googletest for C++ Unit test.

OK - For the sake of other forum users <ie so the DUnit discussion is not here under a google test heading> I suggest you post a new posting in Praxis C++ Builder section with a title "can't get DUnit Tests to run with Classic Compiler" or something similar (better!) and then post details of your problem. I will try to help (but make no promises !)