ertank

SOAP - How to read incoming data when content type text/html

Hello,

There is an application that consumes a SOAP web service. From time to time this web service is not stable and sending various html error messages instead of a valid response.

Using Delphi 10.4.2 I would like to read incoming html data and display this to the user. Currently, all we can display is "Received content of invalid Content-Type setting: text/html - SOAP expect "text/xml" error message.

I have searched the internet. Someone suggested to modify Soap.SOAPHTTPTrans.THTTPReqResp.CheckContentType and prevent it from raising an exception but this does not sound like a decent solution and might cause other troubles with other applications using SOAP. What I am after is a solution to be used just with this specific application of ours.

I wonder if there is an alternative solution that can be used.

Thanks & Regards,

Ertan

I would capture that content (on exception of course) and will try to parse it for content that describes the error and display it to the user.

But first I would try to collect all types of errors/html and create some kind of templates to make it easier for parser (from above) to get the right content.