Bill Meyer

Fast Report can't be installed from GetIt?

In Delphi 11.1, I have tried to install the FastReport VCL components. It goes through the usual steps, asking my agreement to terms, and to a reboot after install. Then I am asked to permit d28.exe to run, and that appears to be the installer. The status announces launching the installer, but nothing more happens after that. Has anyone here successfully installed that package?

UPDATE:

Never mind. The process apparently takes minutes, and provides no progress feedback. Neither did I see, when I checked, any CPU activity with their installer. But eventually I returned to the IDE after 10 minutes of email and whatnot, and it reported it had finished.

Edited by Bill Meyer

Could it be that the installer runs in elevated permissions and installs for the Admin not your account?

5 hours ago, David Hoyle said:

Could it be that the installer runs in elevated permissions and installs for the Admin not your account?

No idea. Once I waited long enough, it did finally install. The thing is, that installation experience is greatly different than every other package I have installed through GetIT.