AlexBelo

madExcept on win64

Hi all.

I'm investigating memory leak in new builder "quality" release using madExcept's resource leak feature.

Everything goes fine in win32 compilation but in win64 I see:

[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'MADEXCEPT.O'

No such file in madExcept installation. All paths in IDE to madExcept binaries looks valid.

Any advice?

Also what can I use to see memory leaks in win64 version?

Here is info from Mathias (aka madshi)

Some years ago I tried to add support for BCB64, and although it more or less worked ok, I did not find a way to make the BCB64 linker happy, in a way that would work with the madExcept installer. No matter what I did, the BCB64 linker always complained about one thing or another. So after a lot of trying and failing, I finally gave up.

I'm not sure, maybe the problem has been solved by Embarcadero in newer BCB builds, I don't really know, but the demand for BCB64 has not been very high, to be honest, so I'm not very motivated to work on that atm. However, you could try copying the various madBasic, madDisAsm and madExcept pas files into your project folder and try to compile it that way. Maybe it works, I can't say for sure. It's certainly not "supported", so if it doesn't work, I don't really have a quick way to help you.

So CB64 is simply out of official support.

Yes, it was missed libs (*.a). But unfortunately even successfully linked madExcept does not work in my test 64-bit CB exe (nor "mad" exception handling, nor leaks detection) ...