Nicolò Blunda

Restore old SDK macOS

Hi.
After download macOS SDK 12.3 from remote Monterey machine, app compiled and deployed with Firemonkey 10.4 don't works (after launch, they closes suddenly).
I want to switch in Embarcadero framework (with SDK manager tool) to prevoius SDK 11.3, but it seems that only with mac with prevoius macOS this is possible (via PAServer).
It is incredible that SDK 11.3 files folder is again in $(BDSPLATFORMSDKSDIR) dir, but "switch" is not possible...
There is a workaround for this issue?

Edited by Nicolò Blunda

During the boot camp, Holger Flick pointed out this tool to let you switch versions on the MAC, https://github.com/RobotsAndPencils/xcodes , I have not tried it myself.

He briefly gave an explanation about why they had to match but I can not quote it. It seems they must match to do the compile and PAServer only uses the active version of XCode / SDK on the MAC.

Hope it helps

Thank you very much.
But my problem is not to switch between differents versions of XCode ON MAC machine, but between differents macOS SDK profiles in EMBARCADERO SDK Manager.
Folder with all files necessary for deploy with SDK 11.3 is already in my file sistem, but seems there is not a way to say at Embarcadero to use this version.
Change of selcted folder don't affect SDK version employed, that remains last downloaded from MAC.

Edited by Nicolò Blunda

From what I know, you add a second SDK in SDK manager, then right click on the platform select properties and choose which SDK it is using in Delphi:

image.thumb.png.032e3dc502778eeb06ceba4e036e42eb.png

image.thumb.png.90ceec1644cb344e88ed8e41e6dad9b7.png

This window controls what you compile with in Delphi.

image.thumb.png.1ad786fd4f570b44f84ac39097631270.png