Sign in to follow this  
Mike Torrettinni

Is there enable/disable MMX option?

I used MMX in the past and all was good, but since yesterday I can't 'switch it off', so it doesn't show up every time I switch from form designer to code.

So, as soon as I open and close a Form designer the MMX explorer window shows up. Switching F12 between code and Form, the MMX always show up even after I close the MMX, every time. 

This happens on new empty project or in my projects. 

Since yesterday I installed/uninstalled it at least 3 times, and was happening on every install. 

So, is there an option I can use to show only when I want it, so I select it from the menu?

Do I have any of these options set incorrectly:

image.thumb.png.31977c0f312fb9558021c16617edb2f3.png

Thanks!

Edited by Mike Torrettinni
typo

Can you give detailed steps?

This is what I tried (I refused to fiddle around with my standard layout):

• Create a new layout with MMX floating (usually I use it in a docked layout)
  • Make that layout standard
  • Switch between Form and Source design: MMX stays open floating
  • Close MMX window
  • Switch between Form and Source design: MMX stays closed
  • Reload the layout: MMX appears floating
  • Close MMX window and save the layout
  • Make MMX visible again
  • Repeat the tests above: Works as expected with MMX staying closed after reloading the layout

MMX visibility and position is stored with the layout, so just closing MMX will only hold as long as the layout is not changed. This is standard behavior for all IDE windows.

Side note: I know, I'm biased, but I would not even think of closing MMX anytime, because I use it all over the place. It gives me way better overview of the current unit and allows for faster navigation. Even while designing I have MMX fully visible or at least in a flyout tab. Renaming components with MMX is so much better than doing so in the Object Inspector, as it also renames all references in the code.

6 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

MMX visibility and position is stored with the layout, so just closing MMX will only hold as long as the layout is not changed. This is standard behavior for all IDE windows.

I did all the steps above and it still shows up every time switching from form to code. New layout.

Yes, IDE windows behave like that, until you save the new layout without them, then they don't appear anymore.

I remember now, the change I made yesterday was to show Breakpoints debug window in normal layout. Perhaps this messed it up for MMX. But removing Breakpoints window is not fixing it, unfortunately,

9 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

but I would not even think of closing MMX anytime, because I use it all over the place.

I only use MMX sporadically, usually for cycling usage view feature. Not everyday usage, at this moment.

I also have GExperts and CnPack and their experts/windows only show up on command. Not sure if MMX could use such a 'switch'.

I searched for 'closing MMX' and no hits, so I guess is just my way of doing things, so no worries. 

Aha, seems to be OK now. What I did:

1. Uninstall MMX

2. in IDE create new layout and set it as default 

3. Install MMX

4. all good, no MMX when switching between code and form.

This works for now.

Thanks!

Edited by Mike Torrettinni

I know what is happening: In MMX settings under Delphi Editor there is a setting Auto toggle Object Inspector and Code Explorer reacting on F12. Try to disable that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

I know what is happening: In MMX settings under Delphi Editor there is a setting Auto toggle Object Inspector and Code Explorer reacting on F12. Try to disable that.

Great, works!