XanderHunt

Disable fade effects

I'm creating a brand new app with the CE version of Embarcadero Delphi 10.4.2.  I'm a bit annoyed that when I have a speed button update a combobox itemindex the combobox fades text in and out.  It's "eye candy" of the worse kind, and I'm talking worse than the mouth puckering sour candies, and I LOVE those!  What can I do to disable all those fade effects?

15 hours ago, XanderHunt said:

I'm creating a brand new app with the CE version of Embarcadero Delphi 10.4.2.  I'm a bit annoyed that when I have a speed button update a combobox itemindex the combobox fades text in and out.  It's "eye candy" of the worse kind, and I'm talking worse than the mouth puckering sour candies, and I LOVE those!  What can I do to disable all those fade effects?

VCL or FMX? Windows 10 or 11? Standard Windows style or some other style?

6 hours ago, PeterBelow said:

VCL or FMX? Windows 10 or 11? Standard Windows style or some other style?

VCL, 10, standard out of the box style (Windows).  I don't have the custom styles turned on.

18 hours ago, XanderHunt said:

VCL, 10, standard out of the box style (Windows).  I don't have the custom styles turned on.

Weird, I just tried with a simple VCL test project on my system and do not see any fade effect when changing the item index on a combobox having the focus, neither with csDropdown nor with csDropdownlist style. Tried with both D11.1 and 10.4. Win10 basically with default display options, main monitor, scaling 100%.

Perhaps this is due to the OS settings themselves. All visual effects are one of the first things I turn off with a new OS.

That seems to have done it.  It's odd that I've never noticed this behaviour before.  I know of this particular display, I just never thought to look there.  Good call.  Thanks.