Sign in to follow this  
uligerhardt

Grep Alt-F7/8 disable builtin shortcuts for message window

The Alt-F7/8 shortcuts for moving through compiler messages don't work for me anymore (since some time already). I suspect these GExperts shortcuts to be the culprits:

image.thumb.png.be4a71eb9233b0df03fd54c6da22f52e.png

Can anybody confirm the issue? 

I just compiled a new GExpertsRSXE6.dll and the problem persists: Alt-F7/F8 iterate through the Grep results but not the compiler messages. Does anybody else have this issue?

How can I fix it? I would like the shortcuts to work in both lists (e.g. depending on the focus) but if this isn't feasible I'd like to work them for the compiler messages.

5 minutes ago, uligerhardt said:

I just compiled a new GExpertsRSXE6.dll and the problem persists: Alt-F7/F8 iterate through the Grep results but not the compiler messages. Does anybody else have this issue?

How can I fix it? I would like the shortcuts to work in both lists (e.g. depending on the focus) but if this isn't feasible I'd like to work them for the compiler messages.

These two experts were a contribution from somebody and I didn't check for conflicting shortcuts -> my fault.

You have two options:

• Assign different shortcuts (If you have got a suggestion what to use, tell me,)
  • Disable these experts

As for changing the functionality depending on the focus: Once you have used it once, the editor window has the focus, so how could the software know what you want? But anyway: GExperts can either use the shortcuts or not, there is no way that I know of to pass them on to the IDE.

Edited by dummzeuch

3 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

As for changing the functionality depending on the focus: Once you have used it once, the editor window has the focus, so how could the software know what you want?

I guess one could track the most recently focused one of the "target" lists.

3 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

But anyway: GExperts can either use the shortcuts or not, there is no way that I know of to pass them on to the IDE.

Maybe it could work to have the shortcuts enabled (i.e. <> 0) only if the Grep result list is focused? I'll see if I can play a bit with that.

I had a look in the source code and decided I don't want to mess up GExperts' shortcut management. 😅

However I discovered that the relevant actions (actListSelectNext/actListSelectPrevious in TfmGrepResults) have SecondaryShortCuts assigned. These don't work for me out of the box but I assigned them in the config dialog:

1137571084_2022-09-3018_18_38-GExpertsConfiguration.thumb.png.fbd2844160cd9189eaf2bc252d06d38a.png

I'll check how that works out for me.

Edited by uligerhardt