DBS

Program credentials on Citrix

Hi,

As a first time user, I don't know if I selected the right section. I've create a Delphi 10.4 program, that imports data from an Excel file into a database (Sybase; but that is not relevant here). On a local machine (and even on a client server network) the program works like intended. Problem now, that I've installed it on a citrix server (my client works on citrix) and the only way it can work there is when the citrix user is made an admin. The hosting company cannot allow simple users to be admins because of policies. So I'm a bit stuck. Can anybody give me pointers?

Thanks in advance. 

What does not work on Citrix?

Ultimately you have to hunt down where the access denied is and then avoid that.  Could be file access, registry or API access. 

In Citrix users are not allowed to start executables if they are not properly installed inside the system. Normally users are not allowed to install software themselves. So you should discuss with the hosting company if they can install your application into the Citrix image so that it becomes available to the users. If that is not an option, you can make your application available online using software like Thinfinity.

Hello,

Thank you both for your help.

@SwiftExpat : the message is right there after launching the exe file. As a standard user, I get some dumb conversion error message like 'cannot convert null to integer' whereas with the admin user, it just opens the window (no error).

@Keesver : Thank you, I will contact the hosting company. On the user's citrix machine the program is sitting on a network drive (the application server is another server than the citrix machines). Maybe that changes anything? 

1 hour ago, DBS said:

the message is right there after launching the exe file. As a standard user, I get some dumb conversion error message like 'cannot convert null to integer'

The simplest is to create a standard user on your machine and then debug it.