al17nichols

Using Delphi Rest Components

How do I designate a header value.  I see the parameter with pkHTTPHeader, but How do I see the actual header prior to posting or issuing a get?  Do I add double quotes to ensure it is a string?

Thanks in advance.

Not the exact answer to your question, but I assume it could help you out if you redirected the call through a rest proxy service like www.intercept.rest.

Edited by nufus42

i use mitm proxy a lot, not a specific rest proxy, but you can see all the data flowing: mitmproxy - an interactive HTTPS proxy

(mostly i use a compiler directives to force proxy use of my software, for debugging purposes, sometimes a confusion on monday mornings then, if you forget to start the proxy 🙂)

Edited by mvanrijnen
  • Like 1

Fiddler Telerik Classic (capable of decrypting https traffic) would be able to do that, too.

It would be a local application and you won't be sending your credentials to a proxy server that you do not manage.

If you are using TNetHTTPClient (or your choice of components do) you won't need any manual proxy setting. Just run Fiddler Telerik before you run your application that you would like to catch its traffic.

If you are using TIdHTTP (or your choice of components do) you will need to manually set proxy to Your_Local_IP_Number:8888 for default settings.

3 minutes ago, ertank said:

Fiddler Telerik Classic (capable of decrypting https traffic) would be able to do that, too.

It would be a local application and you won't be sending your credentials to a proxy server that you do not manage.

If you are using TNetHTTPClient (or your choice of components do) you won't need any manual proxy setting. Just run Fiddler Telerik before you run your application that you would like to catch its traffic.

If you are using TIdHTTP (or your choice of components do) you will need to manually set proxy to Your_Local_IP_Number:8888 for default settings.

mitm is also a localapp.