Lajos Juhász

Delphi 11.2 in Debug opens source from Delphi XE5????

So far I tought that the debug information is not correct with shipped FireDAC. However, today I noticed when in Delphi 11.2 I place a break point and the debugger stops the IDE will open a source from XE5 (fore FireDAC) didn't noticed for any other source. Then of course debug will be impossible. How can I fix this problem?

Do you mean, these sources are located in the folders of your XE5 installation?

Could be the environment variable in the browsing path - it's in both version BDS. Will have to investigate on this one. I have to use both XE5 (production environment) and 11.2 some future developement.

(Now I have to figure out why sometimes TFDQuery.ResourceOptions.cmdExecMode is ignored)

Now I tried no active XE5 and yet the IDE opens source from XE5 instead of Delphi 11.2

In the IDE the environment variable BDS is set correctly to c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\22.0. Even when the IDE is running from the command prompt I cannot inspect the value of this variable.

Createad a new variable bds28 and changed the browsing path to use that variable the result is the same the IDE opens the source from XE5.

The $(BDS) variable is set for the current IDE when it is started. If you have multiple IDE instances open each get its own value for $(BDS).

There must be something else going wrong in your installation.

Is this for all projects or only for one?

var

lUser: TFDQuery;

begin

luser.open;

If I set a break point on open and do a step into it will open C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\source\data\data.db.pas (correct D11.2)

procedure TDataSet.Open;
begin
  Active := True;
end;

Step into the Active := true;

will open C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\source\data\firedac\FireDAC.Comp.DataSet.pas (Delphi XE5).

Edited by Lajos Juhász

And you can confirm that $(BDS)\source\data\firedac is in the IDE Browsing Path and the XE5 path doesn't appear anywhere in the Delphi 11 installation nor in the project?

That's correct.  I have both $(BDS)\source\data and  $(BDS)\source\data\firedac in the Browsing path and yet the IDE only data.db.pas can open correctly and not the FireDAC sources. In order to debug FD I have to rename the XE5 folder.

That indicates that somewhere is a direct reference to the XE5 folder in your system.

Can it be that in the past you had a Professional edition with FireDAC extension and some remnants cause this?

1 minute ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Can it be that in the past you had a Professional edition with FireDAC extension and some remnants cause this?

No, it's Enterprise.