DJof SD

Keyboard macro help

I been unable to record a keyboard macro and I don't understand what is wrong.

I am trying to capture the series of key stokes which results in a folding of Doc comments. Those key strokes in four groupings are: (1) Alt+V; (2) I; (3) L; (4) D .

The macro record button is clicked and the status line shows recording. The sequence of ALT+V I L D is entered and the sequence results in the IDE menu items being navigated with the desired collapsing of the /// blocks of comments. But when the stop recording button is clicked then the playback macro button is clicked, nothing happens. It is as if there's nothing recorded.

Am I missing something really obvious or is there some "trick" I need to learn?

7 hours ago, DJof SD said:

when the stop recording button is clicked then the playback macro button is clicked, nothing happens. It is as if there's nothing recorded.

If you are using GExperts: The Macro Library expert can display the content of a macro, so you can check what was recorded.

First of all, thanks for the suggestion.

The results showed nothing is recorded when I attempt to record my series of keystrokes to fold doc comments.

But when I used a different series of keystrokes (SHIFT+CTRL+K+A) that was recorded and GExperts showed:

image.png.a29cc4c3185b61077bb96f4463ceba9b.png

that expand all blocks of code does work as expected when the playback function is used.

So I conclude there is some reason why a keyboard macro is not recorded.