alogrep

LAN network printer page cutting changes mysteriously.

I have a pre XE app that for 15 years printed all right.

The app prints tickets to Epson printers on a LAN.

The printers are set up to auto-cut (they stop printing and cut the page after the last line is printed).

I recompiled the app to Delphi 11.2 and  all works fine, including the printing.

But after a day and ½ of operations (not continually, the network is shut down at night) a strange

Outcome came to life: the printer did not cut the paper after the last line printed, but continued up to, presumably, the default page length, leaving a long, long white page empty

Anybody would have any idea where to start looking into?

I would check the printer driver first. With almost every update, MS fixes these drivers. He breaks a lot of them. At one time, a bunch of printers were out of order because of it.
They also changed the controller for me and I have to learn a new environment.

Thanks, Stano.

But the PC on the LAN did not change. The only thing that changed is the EXE: before was a Delphi 7 compiled EXE, now is a Delphi 11.2 compiled. Do you suspect that the  new EXE compiled on a Windows 11 with delphi 11 could have some miscomunication with the pre-existing driver (for Windows 7)? Finally the weird thing is that it worked ok fot a day and 1/2. then the problem arose. I re-installed the old EXE and it printed ok. When I went back to the delphi 11 EXE, it printed ok too (so far).