Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Fornés

No modue named _ctypes

Hello, I have started working with Python4Delphi. I have installed Python 11, and in environment variables is set the path to the python exe folder and the scripts folder. I have installed with pip the modules of the examples of the webminar II of the tutorials (python4delphi/Tutorials/Webinar II at master · pyscripter/python4delphi · GitHub). I can't get to run the scripts without getting errors like: "no module named _ctypes", it's a required module for Pandas. I have also got this error with the unicodedata module, I installed with pip unicodedata2, but it doesn't work either. Any suggestions for things to check?

Edited by Alberto Fornés

Is this a failure to load the python DLL or an error when executing python scripts?

Are you using the latest sources from the Github repo?

Also check out the following:

FindingPython · pyscripter/python4delphi Wiki (github.com)

MaskFPUExceptions · pyscripter/python4delphi Wiki (github.com)

If you are using python version 3.11.1 then please try with  version 3.11.0 or earlier.   There is a change related to the loading of dynamic libraries (dll) in 3.11.1, that I am looking into.  See regression with latest Python 3.11.1 and _socket not found · Issue #100171 · python/cpython (github.com)

Edited by pyscripter

Hello, and thanks for your reply. The python  DLL 3.11 can be loaded because I can run basic scripts, but when try to execute scripts that imports modules like matplotlib, numpy, pandas, etc raises that errors.  I confirm that 3.10.9 runs ok without that errors.