gioma

[DELPHI 11] : menu messed up when changing resolutions/DPI of monitor

Hi
I changed the screen resolution and the Delphi 11.2 menu got "messed up".

image.thumb.png.b0a63d58d2100345f7dbf8ea166142eb.png

I tried to restart Delphi but nothing, now I think those positions and sizes are marked in some configuration file and there's no way to fix it dall'IDE.
Now the only way to work with it is to deactivate the various menus

How can I reset the menus positions/sizes ?

I tried, it has no effect.
I opened the files and there doesn't seem to be anything that leads back to those menus, sigh!

normally, I dont like how IDE show the menu default, then, I use "customize" right-click and readjust it... then, I save it using "View->Desktop-Save Desktop" or shortcut on IDE menu!

remember that you can use "....\bin\bds.exe /highdpi:unaware " command line for "UnAware" dpi changes!

I clicked on the reset button.. here's the result, the problem I don't think is related to the profile, but he changed a generic menu setting and now there's no way to get him to reset that!

image.thumb.png.980a94a8f771a0537dbcb44a056196f0.png

I Have undocked the menus... this is the result.. @#!@@

image.thumb.png.2265379c6446190149baed9b21c6de57.png

look, RAD 11.x use new IDE designer using "delphi" components (if I dont wronged... TControlList to create a menus), then, I have some bugs too! same that in FULLHD only, for example, if you try manipulate your "float-menus" for example drag'n'drop, many times ... sometimes, happens a infinity looping and you can the "menus..." rolling on screen... it's crazy... then, my tip it's "not redefine it, but re-adjust it manually ... save your desktop again... close IDE!  (IDE save re-save your desktop again each "exit"!

try create a new "session for your IDE" using the param "R" on BDS.exe command-line to see if your new IDE is ok or not?

...\bin\bds.exe -r MyNewIDE     <<any name if you want>> 

you'll have a new setup on:

C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\Embarcadero\MyNewIDE

Registry: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\MyNewIDE

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

8 minutes ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

look, RAD 11.x use new IDE designer using "delphi" components (if I dont wronged... TControlList to create a menus), then, I have some bugs too! same that in FULLHD only, for example, if you try manipulate your "float-menus" for example drag'n'drop, many times ... sometimes, happens a infinity looping and you can the "menus..." rolling on screen... it's crazy... then, my tip it's "not redefine it, but re-adjust it manually ... save your desktop again... close IDE!  (IDE save re-save your desktop again each "exit"!

The problem is that it won't let me do anything, because the menus changed size and that thing is not manually editable.

7 minutes ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

try create a new "session for your IDE" using the param "R" on BDS.exe command-line to see if your new IDE is ok or not?

...\bin\bds.exe -r MyNewIDE     <<any name if you want>> 

yes, it works, but it doesn't load any components that I have already installed and have to recompile the "world".

In the new session ignore all the components you have installed, even the Delphi patch is no longer installed.

Awesome bug that is wasting me a lot of time..and the patches come out ONE every year!!! Very disappointed with this..

yes! this is expected .. as is another session, like a new user on MSWindows or any OS!!!

now try compare the setup files, for example, using "Edit -> Compare - Beyond Compare" tools!  see the differences...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

yes! this is expected .. as is another session, like a new user on MSWindows or any OS!!!

now try compare the setup files, for example, using "Edit -> Compare - Beyond Compare" tools!  see the differences...

now I try to discover in that folder which is the file that regulates the positions of that menu

I've opened them all and none seem to have those settings!
I wrote to Embarcadero, let's see what they reply.

Form Embarcadero Support:

1) make sure the IDE is shutdown
2) run regedit
3) go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\Toolbars
4) you should see an entry "Version" it is a DWORD change it to zero (aka 0).

Solved!

5 minutes ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

Is it working now?

of course