Sign in to follow this  
Gary

How to set IDE Style path

Hello all,

My styles have disappeared from the IDE, and now projects will not compile. I get an intermediate .vrc file with the error cannot find file on this line:

IcebergClassico VCLSTYLE "c:\\program files (x86)\\embarcadero\\studio\\22.0\\bin\\22.0\\Styles\\IcebergClassico.vsf"

The files are where they are supposed to be in  C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Styles not the above.

This happened after Delphi asked to update my path for run time packages (I'm not currently using run time packages). How do I point the IDE to the correct location.

Thanks

hi @Gary

you can try "delete" your ".DPROJ" file! IDE always recreate it again!

This file inform what your configuration for your project... then, if using some in special, just re-config!

It's not just the project, the styles are not in the IDE. Project/Options/Appearance all styles are empty including default Windows style. Delphi IDE Style directory is wrong. I don't know where to redirect to the correct location

@Gary For my 10.2.3 it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Redist\styles

did you try searching your computer for *.vsf ?

BDSCOMMONDIR c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\22.0\bin\22.0

That seems to be the problem, the last \22.0

How do I change it?

@limelect

All my styles are in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Styles

probable cause: you tried or installed the same IDE (version) on this computer and it didn't complete successfully!!! if yes, then many other problems may arise from there...

@Gary If you do not find what to do then

Maybe you can debug how TStyleManager.StyleNames

loads style names.

If you find put it here

@Programmer...   

It happened after Delphi offered to correct my path to allow run time packages. Foolishly clicked OK

@Gary

you can try create a new "session" for you IDE using this:

• ......\bin\bds.exe /r NewNameToSession
    • this create a "NEWand CLEAN" registry key to RAD Studio, then, you can use as your main link to load it
      • if you use some third-party components, you need re-install the components [Components-Install package (BPLs)]" in your IDE.

Alternate registry key. Allows you to specify an alternate base registry key so you can run two copies of the IDE using different configurations.

This allows component developers to debug a component at design time by using the IDE as the hosting application, without the debugging IDE interfering by trying to load the component package being developed.

https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/IDE_Command_Line_Switches_and_Options

@Programmer..

I think I will take this opportunity to do a clean install. This is a secondary machine(Laptop) that has a lot of old components I keep on it to support Legacy apps. I have been wanting to move them to a VM, so this will give me a chance to experiment with that.

I'll open a new topic for VM suggestions, the latest discussion I could find was from 2019

Thanks for the help[