Ian Branch

Set Print Font Size...

Isn't there any "proportionality" in the printer options (before printing...), between screen and printer?  

Does this also happen if I set the font to all of MS Windows (on config from MS) and want to print... say the current screen on my monitor from any other software?  

What if I print from MSWord with a huge font on the screen, and send this print-screen or document to the printer?  

What happens in this case on your system?  

Is it comparable to your report about your RAD Studio IDE, or is the IDE case an exception (Bug)?

sorry, I have a 4K to test it!

Hi programmer2k,

Yes it does, but you expect it there because you have set it as such.

Yes, the IDE does the same thing but should it?

I don't set the font in the IDE to 14 so I can print at 14, I set it so I can read it.

Trying to work with a font size of 10 in the IDE on a 4k screen is just impossible for my tired olds eyes. 😉  Yet font size 10 on print is perfectly readable.

When I print, I need to be able to reduce the font to a manageable size for reading on the paper.

Hence the request.

Ian

5 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

Trying to work with a font size of 10 in the IDE on a 4k screen is just impossible for my tired olds eyes.

Doesn't this depend on what scaling you use in the monitor, in other words what dpi you use. I mean, one point is 1/72 inch. But it will be much smaller if you say your 4k monitor has 96dpi.

Rather than sizing your fonts differently, shouldn't you just set the dpi appropriately? 

I use an editor font size of 9 or 10 but a font scaling of 175% or 200%.

Edited by David Heffernan

The monitors are scaled to the recommended 150%.

This works fine for all Apps in the main.

11 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

The monitors are scaled to the recommended 150%.

This works fine for all Apps in the main.

So scale them higher than recommended which is exactly what I do, 14/10*150=210.

Problem solved. 

I wish there was an option to vote against QP issues. 

Edited by David Heffernan