Zazhir

Select multiples lines at once

In visual code, we have the option do press 'alt' and click in differents line, the IDLE will put a cursor n wich line selected.

Whats the shortcut to this same action in Delphi Embarcadero? if theres a one....

Edited by Zazhir

in Delphi, you can use "Ctrl+A" = select all, or just select your text or lines, "Ctrl+Shift+J" to browse into this selection (you can replace your text like a "refactoring") ...

• Shift+Click = cursor in any line selected
  • just clicking with mouse undo the "selection"

On Tools options, you can use VS Studio emulation keyboard mapping

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

2 minutes ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

in Delphi, you can use "Ctrl+A" = select all, or just select your texto or lines, "Ctrl+Shift+J" to browse into this selection (you can replace your text like a "refactoring") ...

• Shift+Click = cursor in any line selected
  • just clicking with mouse undo the "selection"

Shift+Click select the text until the place that i click, what I want is a shortcut to put a cursor in multiples lines, to edit than at same time 

is not the same than "Ctrl+Shift+J" ?  here you can edit all similar text into our selection, in the same time!

• ex. if exist many world "hello" in your selection, then, change any one, will change all others in the same time!

Just now, programmerdelphi2k said:

is not the same than "Ctrl+Shift+J" ?  here you can edit all similar text into our selection, in the same time!

• ex. if exist many world "hello" in your selection, then, change any one, will change all others in the same time!

Not the same. For ex. I want to put a UpperCase method in the begging of every qryFieldbyName(...).asString... But theres diferrents qrys, so thats not going to "work" for this case

Just now, programmerdelphi2k said:

understood now! (if said on first post... 🙂 

Ctrl+Shift+J is just for "similar TEXTs"  (not "." "( )" etc...)

but was exacly what i said at first 🤨

29 minutes ago, Zazhir said:

we have the option do press 'alt' and click in differents line, the IDLE will put a cursor n wich line selected.

"PUT a cursor n wich line selected"  --> not "edit all lines" 

try o CnPack or GExpert plugins!

• Sad 1

Multi Caret 

like this... I think that RAD IDE does not do it, then you needs  a external plugin as I said above

yWIwr.gif

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30037808/multiline-editing-in-visual-studio-code

remarks... Note that third-party software may interfere with these shortcuts, preventing them from working as intended (particularly Intel's HD Graphics software on Windows; see comments for more details).

in Lazarus you have it, in Delphi not!

https://wiki.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since#Multi_Caret

multicaret.gif

• Like 2

12 hours ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

"PUT a cursor n wich line selected"  --> not "edit all lines" 

try o CnPack or GExpert plugins!

GExperts does not have this functionality.

4 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

I'm sure I saw a similar functionality demonstrated in the Delphi IDE. Was it called SyncEdit?

https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/Sync_Edit_Mode_(Delphi,_C++)

An older version of the documentation links to a video:

But that's only for identifiers, not for generic text.

Man, this kind what I was looking for!!! Supper useful! Thanks for the help. best regards, Zazhir

1 hour ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

@Zazhir  this is the "Ctrl+Shift+J" that I said above!

I didn't even know it has a keyboard shortcut. I have never used it.

2 hours ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

I always use it, it's very usable to "rename / replace" any text on selection! ... (period, comma, braket not just text)

I just tried it in Delphi 10.2: I can only rename identifiers, it doesn't work for any other text or even special characters. But even with this limitation it is useful.

And I know now, why I haven't used it: It's available since Delphi 2010 and until a while ago I was using Delphi 2007 for most projects.

if Im not wrong, since D2005

(period, comma brakr5 NOT   , just text) typo fault

you can use TAB key to jump between text. you use Allows (moving)for dont delete text while typing new text.

attached a pdf with more info 

Delphi2005Refactoring.pdf

I love Ctrl+D and Ctrl+Shift+J all day

recorded in RAD 11.2 ALexandria = Ctrl+Shift+J and regular text replacement...

bds_8MCPY6TeOk.gif

• Like 1