FPiette

Writing a property sheet shell extension (IShellPropSheetExt)

Hello,

I'm trying to write a shell property sheet extension.

The DLL with the COM object is not an issue for me since I already done that kind of work with my context menu extension (That's easy with Delphi). But for a property sheet extension, the COM object must implement IShellPropSheetExt. In that interface AddPage method must create the UI. There are many C++ examples on the web but I did not found any Delphi example. The C++ examples all use the old Windows dialog box feature. I don't want to use a windows dialog box but a Delphi form. I have no idea how to do that and search for some Delphi example or tutorial (Already done extensive Google searches without success).

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks.

I can't see any way to create a property sheet without using a dialog template.

Maybe you can just use an empty dialog template and then inject your Delphi form when the page is displayed?

8 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

Maybe you can just use an empty dialog template and then inject your Delphi form when the page is displayed?

A Delphi VCL form is a standard window. It is probably possible to overload a dialogbox control using a parented Delphi form. That's what I'm trying to do to begin.

2 minutes ago, FPiette said:

A Delphi VCL form is a standard window. It is probably possible to overload a dialogbox control using a parented Delphi form.

Yes; That's what I wrote.

procedure InjectMyForm(HandleOfControlOnPropertyPage: HWND; MyForm: TForm);
begin
  SetParent(MyForm.Handle, HandleOfControlOnPropertyPage);
  ...lots of stuff to do with positioning and window style...
end;

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:40 PM, Anders Melander said:

That's what I have done and it works.

The trick is to use an empty template and then from WM_INITDIALOG create a parented Delphi VCL form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1