Sign in to follow this  
Zazhir

Bad unit format for IdSMTP.dcu

Hello!

I am facing Bad unit format issue for Indy component. I was trying to update it, following the steps in this link: https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy/wiki/Updating-Indy.

My version of Delphi is XE6, in this case I tried to compile the ```Indy150.groupproj``` file, but the project has not been compiled. It all started at that point.

As I ended up giving up, I decided to go back to the old version of the Indy component. But when returning the files that had been removed and also adding them inside Delphi's IDLE the component paths:

• Indy 10 Core Design Team
  • Indy 10 Protocols Design Time
  • IP Abstraction Indy Implementation Design Time

All of my projects that use the component cannot be compiled. All of them that use the SMTP library have stopped working. Which generates the error shown below:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] UfrmSendEmail.pas(47): F2048 Bad unit format: 'IdSMTP.dcu' - Expected version: 27.0, Windows Unicode(x86) Found version: 27.0, Windows Unicode(x64)

This unit sends emails using the SMTP server configuration.

Do you know how I can resolve this error?

2 hours ago, Zazhir said:

Hello!

I am facing Bad unit format issue for Indy component. I was trying to update it, following the steps in this link: https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy/wiki/Updating-Indy.

My version of Delphi is XE6, in this case I tried to compile the ```Indy150.groupproj``` file, but the project has not been compiled. It all started at that point.

As I ended up giving up, I decided to go back to the old version of the Indy component. But when returning the files that had been removed and also adding them inside Delphi's IDLE the component paths:

• Indy 10 Core Design Team
  • Indy 10 Protocols Design Time
  • IP Abstraction Indy Implementation Design Time

All of my projects that use the component cannot be compiled. All of them that use the SMTP library have stopped working. Which generates the error shown below:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] UfrmSendEmail.pas(47): F2048 Bad unit format: 'IdSMTP.dcu' - Expected version: 27.0, Windows Unicode(x86) Found version: 27.0, Windows Unicode(x64)

This unit sends emails using the SMTP server configuration.

Do you know how I can resolve this error?

This looks like the Indy folders listed in the IDE library path for 32 bit projects are actually for the 64 bit version of the Indy components. Correct the path entries to point at the 32 bit version of the dcus.