domus

Bitmaps regularly disappearing from Rectangle components

In my FMX forms, I regularly have the issue that all bitmaps have vanished from my TRectangles (Fill.Bitmap property). The odd thing is, that the correct bitmap sizes are still displayed in the property editor, but the bitmaps, themselves, are gone.

Is a bit annoying to have to fish them all back from different places all the time.

Is this a known issue in 10.4?

Thx!

is there any possibility that the "Kind" property is being changed at some point in the code?  

In text mode, from your form, can you see the bitmap data (in Hex)?

7 hours ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

is there any possibility that the "Kind" property is being changed at some point in the code?  

It happens during design. When loading the project, the bitmaps are simply gone. No changes to the Kind property.

7 hours ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

That's the one thing I keep forgetting to do; check the form's source. Too much in a hurry to fish them all up again. I'll check next time.

Thanks for your reply.

And once you've done that, just commit the "correct" version to your (D)VCS and since changes to forms are more seldom than changes to code you'll never have to go fish again, just refresh the form file from your repository.

Of course. Would just be nice to find the cause, instead of having to remedy the effect each time. :classic_wink:

On 3/2/2023 at 4:28 AM, programmerdelphi2k said:

Just happened again.

In text mode, I thought the form looked perfectly defined, with all bitmap data present, but at a closer look, the bitmap data was a lot smaller than should be. When switching back to the form, it's all gone. Also when compiling and running. Odd.

Edited by domus