bdw_nz20

Code Insight index location to ram disk?

Just a general query.

On opening a project and coding I get Code Insight indexing the complete project each time it is opened.

There is a setting on the IDE to restart the Code Insight on project start which is fine.

I have a 2G RAM disk drive which the project is configured to write the intermediate outputs to which is working fine.

I'm just wondering if its possible or a good idea to get the CodeInsight to write to the RAM disk since the indexing happens all the time as well.

Just wondering if people have thoughts on this or not ?

Thanks I have seen that in the past but not looked at that docs for a while.

I'll have a play around, a test C++ project I have just been testing with a directory link for the __astcache file to the RAM disk.

Working so far, I'll have to see if there is any speed improvement but at least it might be saving some disk writes.

I have a fast m2 drive so it may not make a huge difference apart.

did you try this: 

• re-direct the "original" folder where LSP store its file to your RAM-drive?
    • in MSWin10 I use "MKLink" in my "saves-original-folder ... in games", then, all files will be stored (save) in another disk/folder"
    • mklink /d /j "c:\folder_source"  "d:\my_target"     // d=directory   j=junction   == Symbolic link
Edited by programmerdelphi2k

Not sure what the scenary refers to but the __astcache mklink was done through command prompt if thats what you mean.

mklink /D <project_path>/__astcache D:/

Run in command prompt as Admin.

As mentioned this particular project is C++ related so does differ potentially to what Delphi would be generating.