Magno

MacOS and MySQL 8.0 Connector not working with Firedac

Hi all,

I followed this link https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Connect_to_MySQL_Server_(FireDAC) but I couldn't find that libmysqlclient.dylib file. The files which comes with the package are completely different. That Embarcadero's link is already outdated.

This is the 1st time I am trying to create a MacOS program that requires using of MySQL connection. I am creating a CLI program and attached a data module, so at OnCreate I am doing that:

{$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
   FDPhysMySQLDriverLink1.VendorLib := '.\libmysql.dll';
{$else}
   FDPhysMySQLDriverLink1.VendorLib := '/usr/local/mysql-connector-c++-8.0/lib64/libmysqlcppconn.dylib';
{$ENDIF}

I am not sure if that's the way I can change the vendor in runtime, anyway I have no error when running with Windows, however besides not be able to understand what is the correct dylib to MacOS, as I told before, there isn't any libmysqlclient.dylib file.

I am running a Mac with OS Ventura.

The libmysqlclient.dylib file is included with the MySQL server install in the lib directory. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian Evans said:

The libmysqlclient.dylib file is included with the MySQL server install in the lib directory. 

Thank you very much!!! I works 😁