Earlier I made my own version for a specific websocket connection, however now it seems that the service I connect to has changed something and I have no clue what. I can still connect to them using openSSH directly, however with my modified TSSLWsocket I can no longer connect, It just immediately disconnects with the error code 10053 (wsaeconnaborted) i tried to reboot routers and modems but still nothing. application I made was connected on another computer which eventually died the next time I tried to start it.

so I suspect that i might need some other kind of websocket component, but hopefully I can still use TSSLWsocket, anyone here have something I can use ?

I assume you are talking about a websocket client component, there is such a new component in ICS V8.71 not released yet but can be downloaded from the overnight zip or SVN. 

The new client is in OverbyteIcsWebSocketCli.pas with a sample in OverbyteIcsHttpRestTst.dpr (because it descends from the HTTP REST component). 

It's been tested against a couple of public websocket servers, and both of the ICS server implementations, one is new and built into the multi web server sample.  It's also running on one of my public web sites, which the sample tests against.

Angus

2 hours ago, Angus Robertson said:

I assume you are talking about a websocket client component, there is such a new component in ICS V8.71 not released yet but can be downloaded from the overnight zip or SVN. 

The new client is in OverbyteIcsWebSocketCli.pas with a sample in OverbyteIcsHttpRestTst.dpr (because it descends from the HTTP REST component). 

It's been tested against a couple of public websocket servers, and both of the ICS server implementations, one is new and built into the multi web server sample.  It's also running on one of my public web sites, which the sample tests against.

Angus

i'd sure give this a test, but I am not sure where I can find this download link?

4 minutes ago, plastkort said:

i'd sure give this a test, but I am not sure where I can find this download link?

http://wiki.overbyte.be then follow download and read the page with all options.

7 hours ago, plastkort said:

Thanks, would there be any example source code I can check to see how this websocket works ?

Angus already replied to that question, didn't he?