357mag

My carriage return and line feed isn't working

I need to print these lines on separate lines. So each output is on a new line. Don't know where I'm going wrong but right now it's doing this:

The value of count is 0The value of total is 5

My code is this:

int count;
int total;

count = 5;
	total = 0;

EditResults -> Text = EditResults -> Text + "The value of count is " + IntToStr(count) + "\r\n";
	EditResults -> Text = EditResults -> Text + "The value of total is " + IntToStr(total);
   //	total = ++count + 6;
   //	EditResults -> Text = EditResults -> Text + "\r\nThe value of count is " + count;
   //	EditResults -> Text = EditResults -> Text + "\r\nThe value of total is " + total;

I've commented out the last three lines until I figure out what's wrong. I'm using an Edit box and I looked for a multi-line property but none is listed. 

Edited by 357mag

So I got rid of the Edit box and replaced it with a Memo box and now my program is printing on different lines. But it also says MemoResults in the box, so how do I get rid of that? I'm looking in Properties for a Text or Caption property and I don't see them.

My program runs correctly now, but for some odd reason when I hit Run in the Memo box the words (what I used to name the Memo control) say "MemoResults". How do I get rid of those words? I don't want those words in there.

Add MemoResults -> Clear() at the beginning of your code.

I recommend looking up the online help for the VCL components to learn about their capabilities.

Ha! I got it figured out!

You have to go into Lines and then delete those words in the String List Editor.

Works good now.