Sign in to follow this  
357mag

What is with this errors on the Welcome Page

Trying out RAD Studio 11 and when it come up the Welcome page says "error loading data." Did some research on this and they say to run GetItCmd.exe -c=useoffline so I run that command in a command window and it successfully went but the error messages remain there. 

if want, you can remove Wellcome directly on Registry

https://en.delphipraxis.net/topic/8568-error-loading-data/?do=findComment&comment=72261

Normally, I delete all "Wellcome... .BPL" references on Registry on "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\Known IDE Packages]"  ... I HATE THIS PLUGIN!!! 😂

you can try just use "-np" param on BSD.exe command-line too!

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

There is no startpage etc. listed in the registry on mine. So I deleted everything that said Welcome Page but now I'm getting some errors in the IDE. 

I tried the -np after the bds.exe on the command line and it worked. The Welcome Page did not show.

Edited by 357mag

in RAD 10/11 exists +/-3 "wellcomexxxxxxx.BPL" references on Embarcadero HCU keys

Known IDE Packages/Known Packages

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

I wouldn't remove the Welcome Page completely, but configure it to show only the relevant parts. For me that is the Create New and the Open Recent plugin. Both don't rely on external services.

16 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Create New and the Open Recent plugin

Both are easily available through the file menu, so the welcome page is of very limited use even there.

Hm, wasn't there also a "Favourites" panel?

Favourites are included in Open Recent. They are marked with a heart symbol and moved to the beginning of the list.