Sign in to follow this  
Gord P

Does anyone else see this when using Custom Title Bars? (TTitleBarPanel)

I posted this in the Delphi IDE group thinking the problem was an IDE thing and not related to C++ but the Delphi users don't seem to be having this issue.

• When you add a TTitleBarPanel to use the Custom Title Bar the form designer no longer behaves properly.  Increasing the form size leaves a white space (see image below)

It does it constently for me on two different installations.  To reproduce:

1. Add a TTitleBarPanel to the form.

2. In the Form's CustomTitleBar property, set Enable to True and set Control to TitleBarPanel1 as you are supposed to.

3. Drag the corner handle for the Form to resize and voila - instead of the form getting bigger, it stays the same size and white space shows up (see image below). The same happens if you increase the width or height properties of the form in the object inspector.

If you run the program the form shows up as the increased size.

If you add a button to the white area it doesn't show up at design time but does show up at run time.

I don't see this issue online or in QP.  Any idea what is happening?  Am I supposed to change a setting somewhere when using TTitleBarPanel or is this a bug?

image.thumb.png.98b4b67faf439aba7b67ad32e7cbd4da.png

I have just tried sequence 1. 2. 3 but for me when I drag the form corner to change the size everything expands ok : I can put buttons on the area that has been "expanded" ok.

I am using RAD Studio 11.2 (patch 1) and I created a new VCL Win32 C++ (clang32) project for this test.

Edited by Roger Cigol

Thanks for checking.

I realized that I forgot to post that I am using 11.3.  One installation without the patch and one with the patch.

It does it for me every single time.  Classic or Clang.