Mustafa ֍zgun

FMX localatization - which solution for more languages for future versions?

Local letters appear incorrectly when project and device OS (android / ios) different i.e. "ÖöÜü" > "OoUu"

"Project > Options > Building > Resource Compiler > Default language" may be solution according to some web resources, but no precise value available.

Help page explains: "Default language (-l)  Specify the default language. For example, -l409 represents English. See

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms776324.aspx for more information about specifying language identifiers." but aspx site n/a and "-l409" gives no match internet searches (possibly "l" stated instead of "1")

Language Identifiers and Locales page states "0x1409" "English New Zealand". Then German value should be

0x0407. Unfortunately

Project > Options > Building > Resource Compiler > Default language: 0x0407, 0407, -0x0407, -0407 values did not change anything.  Do you think whether any other value works?

If it is not the solution, then can you suggest a solution for more languages for future versions?

• Keeping a table in app and each time application starts, scanning and replacing all object texts and strings
  • TsiLang 
  • ANN: Better Translation Manager
  • Any other option supports both android and ios with min. 3 languages?

I'm not sure what problem you need to solve, but for me, UTF8 works well under all platforms.

Honestly, I have not checked for any UTF8 compatibility issues on the different platforms, because I use my own translation system.

Did you find any specific issues with UTF8, do you have an example ?

• Like 3

Dear @Rollo62, first couldnt get what you mean and tried Windows regional settings. Later found Delphi unit settings in the bottom. Changed all unit settings from ANSI to UTF8 and all letters appeared correct. Thanks for effective solution.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.3b59318a6699975c9dc802b99185b373.jpg

Now main language solved, I'll check multi language solution.

• Like 1