Lema

indy + LDAP

Hello !

When someone asks ChatGPT about LDAP and Delphi, it provides code using the Indy unit "IdLDAP".

I have downloaded the latest snapshot from Github, but this unit cannot be found within it.

Does this unit exist?

Oh, I didn't see it at all, even though I searched for it! Obviously, I'm getting old!

Hello !

I'm trying - without success - to figure out how I can use this library (idLDAPV3) to connect to a LDAPS.

Is there any working example or relevant guide to read?

I've never worked with (or even looked at) Indy's LDAP classes before.  But just looking at them right now, it appears that they are meant just for parsing/producing LDAP messages, not for receiving/transmitting them over TCP/UDP.  So, you would likely need to handle the actual transmission yourself via TIdTCPClient or TIdUDPClient.  For example, via TCP, connect a TIdTCPClient to an LDAP server, using an SSLIOHandler to handle SSL/TLS if needed, and then use TIdLDAPV3Encoder to prepare an LDAP message and save it to a TIdTCPStream to transmit it, and then use TIdLDAPV3Decoder with TIdTCPStream to receive messages.  I have no idea if that actually works, but worth a try.

• Thanks 1