Jud

Unusal error code after moving to new computer

I moved from an old computer to a new one,  I get the following message about not being able to add columns or rows when I try to bring up a VCL project that worked on the old computer.  I used the migration tool to copy my settings to the new computer.

How can this be fixed?

Also, I get a bunch of access errors after this.

PS - also, this seems to happen with every VCL project  but not with console apps.

Delphi Screenshot 2023-05-22 233309.jpg

Edited by Jud
add

I also get this error when trying to start a new VCL project.

Can someone help?

7 hours ago, Jud said:

I also get this error when trying to start a new VCL project.

Can someone help?

The first thing I would try is to delete the DPROJ file (after making a backup, of course) and the open the DPR file for the project (with NO project group open) to force the IDE to recreate the DPROJ file. Unless you have exactly duplicated the folder structure on the new PC the project file may contain references to pathes that do not exist on your new PC.

The error message seems to come from one of the layout components, perhaps a TGridPanel.  If you get it when creating a new VCL project with an empty form it has to come from the IDE itself, perhaps from a loaded 3rd-party package or expert.

• Like 1

Thanks. After I had posted the message and two updates, I searched for the words in the error message and found that the problem had been answered:

"That is known (reported issue). There is some problem with migrating or applying Welcome screen layout after migration.

When you launch IDE click Edit Layout on Welcome Screen. Reset Welcome Screen to default layout and then adjust it again the way you like it.

Next time you start IDE it should run normally."

Sorry for the delay, but that fixed it.