RubberSeoul

Debugging Linux Console Application

I am trying to debug a stand alone Linux console web server application, without success.

I have PAServer successfully installed on Ubuntu running on Windows via WSL. I am using the default application launcher (xterm) and can deploy and execute the application without issue. 

When I enter the command "start" via the xterm window, the windows closes and the application terminates.

However, when I deploy and execute the application without the debugging, the xterm window remains open and the server starts successfully. See screendump attached.

Any help very much appreciated.

image (1).png

There was a note somewhere about using a custom launcher.   Try clicking the "Use launcher application" option and use this command line to see if you see any change in behavior.

/usr/bin/gnome-terminal -- "%debuggee%"

Thanks for the suggestion Darian. I'll give it a shot, but my gut feel is that it's not related to the choice of application launcher. I used it without the application launcher and inserted a command to start the server programmatically, and it just exits.

Which version are you using? there's a known issue with Linux remote (ie PA Server) debugging with some versions around 10.x (I can't recall exactly when this was fixed but it's ok with 11.2 / 11.3

No I haven't sorted it yet. I haven't got access to 11.2 or 11.3 as Roger suggests, until our company renews our license, which will hopefully be any day.

I've gone back to an old Skype Text conversation I had about this issue. The PA Server for remote debugging did not work for 11.1 but did work for 11.2.

• Like 1