JohnLM

Is there a way to save Messages text on Android devices?

I want to delete many of my Messages on my Android phone, but I'd like to save the text someplace before I do that. 

Is there a way that I can save them?  How would I do that?  TIA

You mean, programmatically ? Because you can achieve the goal much easily with any SMS exporter. The cool one is My Phone explorer with PC client - I use it for more than decade

Edited by Fr0sT.Brutal

Sorry, I lost this topic and just found it.  

I meant, for Android, when you click on the Message [...] icon at the bottom, to type a text message to someone who's phone number you have.  You enter their phone number to create a new contact if not already there, and you begin texting back and forth to that person in Messages. 

I want to copy all the messages in each contact that I have had text conversations with, but there is no Select-All, just Copy Text, where you have to long-press on a single message and a pop-up menu shows 'copy text' or 'copy to SIM card'. but it only copies that one text message, not all the messages. 

If I could select-all the text and copy it to the clipboard and then send that to my laptop via app-tethering, now that I have that working. 

Edited by JohnLM