William23668

If I want to create a web app with Python and Delphi what would be the pipeline ?

Hi,

In creating Web apps when I use Delphi code and when I use Python script ? for example which will build the UI (Data entry, charts, reports) and which will connect to DB ? I read that I should use Python with large amount of data because it is faster but how I can do that theoretically ? How I can connect between Delphi and Python to get or set the data I want ?

5 hours ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

Hi

Can you give us more info for your project or do you talk in general (which can really have an generic answer) ?

In general. For example web app to manage company business has front end and backend dashboard

Check out TMS WEB Core.

https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmswebcore.asp

It lets you build your entire app in the Delphi IDE or VS Code -- both the front-end and back-end.

It's awesome technology!

They have a blog and Andrew Simard has written a bunch of detailed articles on how you can work with common javascript libraries to tailor the UI to work fully in HTML/CSS rather than use the default Delphi screen widgets. Said another way, this lets you use Delphi to build an entire app and then refine the UI using JS if you want. No python is needed, although you could use it (or anything else) for the back-end if you wanted.

• Like 1

They don't have the same approach : TMS Web Core generates the front as HTML/CSS/JS from the Pascal code.

UniGUI and IntraWeb générale a server program with create a dynamic web site : each page (or cal) is done to the server. You need to host it on Windows (IntraWeb/UniGUI) or Linux (UniGUI).

The three solutions allow to draw your client pages/forms in Delphi. (aka "the front end")

UniGUI / IntraWeb manage the server part. (aka "the back end")

If you want only server part, you have many Delphi project templates, components or libraries to work with, starting with WebBroker (included for all Delphi edition since many years).
Other samples : RAD Server (Enterprise/Architect editions), Delphi MVC Framework (open source from Daniele Teri), MARS (open source from Andrea Magni), ...

Edited by Patrick PREMARTIN
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, William23668 said:

@David Schwartz Thanks

I tried TMS Core but which is better unigui , TMS or IntraWeb ?

Can't say, but for my purposes, I don't want to have to pay for a server thing to run my app.

WEB Core translates the the Delphi code into javascript and embeds it into an HTML page that you can edit any way you want.

All you have to do is copy the contents of the Debug or Release folder to a folder on your server and set the URL to open the HTML file (or if it's index.html, then just the folder it's in).

I think that's a much simpler approach than unigui and IntraWeb offer, but that's just me.

• Like 1