VincentG

Apple Transporter Error

Hello,

Using the following configuration :

Delphi 10.4 / Windows 11

XCode 14.3 / PA Server 21 / MacBook Pro M1 (Ventura)

IOS SDK 16.4

I have a problem with the Transporter App, when trying to upload my .ipa file. (the app works fine on my test device).

the error seems to be well known failing to upload IPA with error: Failed to create .itmsp for 'appname

I followed the solutions listed around but it any of them is working.

I tried to generate a .ipa with delphi 11 (PA server 22), and I didn't have the issue...The app is added in the transporter app with no error.

Thing is, the society I work in uses delphi 10.4, and going to 11 is of course not an easy thing to do.

So my question is : is my problem is, as it seems to be, a compatibility one, so no choice but going to Delphi 11, or is there a workaround or something I did wrong..?

Thank you in advance if you have any clue...

Edited by VincentG

It seems that D10.4 Transporter setup is working for you.

So, if you have two Macos Transporter setups, one for 10.4. and 11, have you tried to create the IPA with D11 and to upload this IPA on the D10.4 Transporter ?

I think the transporter is a separate app, and should be working with any valid IPA version.

This is just a simple upload tool, and I think the main tests were done in the AppStore.

To check the differences, you can open the IPA file on your Mac and compare the Info.plist of the two. Perhaps something is wrong in the "app name" when it is generated from 10.4 and has been changed in 11.x release ?

Try to disconnect and reconnect from the Transporter app in case it's a problem with the developper account.

2 hours ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

you can open the IPA file on your Mac and compare the Info.plist of the two. Perhaps something is wrong in the "app name" when it is generated from 10.4 and has been changed in 11.x release ?

Hello,

I did that, and noticed there was one difference. Bundle version is set with '1.0.0' with delphi 11, and not set with Delphi 10.4.

I set it manually and the .ipa is uploaded correctly with Transporter.

So now I have to find out why the version is not set with my Delphi 10.4 (cause it seems to be well set in the project options)

Anyway, thank you !

Edited by VincentG

Perhaps a filed in project / Application / version info / iOS or something missing in the 10.4 project the 11.3 adds with missing contents ?

If 10.4 can't push it in the Info.plist, add the key/value pair in the template file.

5 hours ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

Perhaps a filed in project / Application / version info / iOS or something missing in the 10.4 project the 11.3 adds with missing contents ?

If 10.4 can't push it in the Info.plist, add the key/value pair in the template file.

Well the key & string are here in the appname.info.plist generate just before the .ipa (in the release folder).

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1.0.2</string>

It disapears wen generating the .ipa

If I edit the ipa from the mac, I've obviously got a signature problem in Transporter when sending the app (the next step).

18 minutes ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

do you have an other info.plist in deployment wizard files list?

nope,

also tried to 'play' with the auto-generate / auto-increment version number in the version information options with no success.

checked out the .dproj where CFBundleVersion is set too.

I assume you used the same *.dproj from D10.4.x under D11, right ?

The "auto-migration" from the IDE to migrate an older project file doesn't always work out for me.

For such kind of problems I always use a new, empty project, under a new IDE like D11, which has usually preset everything correctly.

The only drawback is that you have to re-set every option for your project, to make the D11 compatible to the D10 project,

Usually with a clean project you have a much better starting point under a new IDE.

Edited by Rollo62

13 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

I assume you used the same *.dproj from D10.4.x under D11, right ?

The "auto-migration" from the IDE to migrate an older project file doesn't always work out for me.

For such kind of problems I always use a new, empty project, under a new IDE like D11, which has usually preset everything correctly.

The only drawback is that you have to re-set every option for your project, to make the D11 compatible to the D10 project,

Usually with a clean project you have a much better starting point under a new IDE.

Hello, yes indeed, but my problem appears in the original project / Delphi 10.4 in fact. I tried D11 after to see if it was a compatibility one.