Sign in to follow this  
Jacek Laskowski

DSK file

Delphi saves the desktop settings in the DSK file. The currently open/active modules are saved there. This file, according to my observations, is saved ONLY when closing Delphi or closing the project. How do you force Delphi to save this file without closing the project?
It irritates me very much when after Delphi hangs (often!) I lose these settings.

I think doing a File -> Save all also saves the list of open modules. The dsk file is basically only legacy, the relevant data is also saved to registry keys.

You do have the autosave option for the project desktop enabled in the Tools--> Options dialog, I assume?

On 4/4/2019 at 11:10 AM, PeterBelow said:

I think doing a File -> Save all also saves the list of open modules. The dsk file is basically only legacy, the relevant data is also saved to registry keys.

You do have the autosave option for the project desktop enabled in the Tools--> Options dialog, I assume?

Save All does not save these settings. I'm also not sure that this is saved in the registry, because it is a per-project setting.

ps. autosave options are of course marked