egnew

TNetHttpRequest.ContentStream Save To File

I am using a TNetHttpRequest component to retrieve text from a secure website.  I use the associated TNetHttpClient's OnAuthEvent to set the username and password.  This allows me to retrieve text into a string using IHTTPResponse.ContentasString.

I need to retrieve files from the same secured website.  When I request the file using the same code, the IHTTPResponse.ContentStream seems to contain the requested file content since the IHTTPResponse.ContentLength appears to be correct.

How can I save the content of IHTTPResponse.ContentStream to a file?

Thanks

3 hours ago, egnew said:

I am using a TNetHttpRequest component to retrieve text from a secure website.  I use the associated TNetHttpClient's OnAuthEvent to set the username and password.  This allows me to retrieve text into a string using IHTTPResponse.ContentasString.

I need to retrieve files from the same secured website.  When I request the file using the same code, the IHTTPResponse.ContentStream seems to contain the requested file content since the IHTTPResponse.ContentLength appears to be correct.

How can I save the content of IHTTPResponse.ContentStream to a file?

Thanks

AFFAIK it's a TMemoryStream, so you simply can call ContentStream.SaveToFile. You also can create a separate TFileStream and use .CopyFrom(ContentStream). just make sure position is 0 before calling .CopyFrom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aehimself said:

so you simply can call ContentStream.SaveToFile

You'd need to typecast it to a TMemoryStream in order to do that, e.g:

if LResponse.ContentStream is TMemoryStream then
  TMemoryStream(LResponse.ContentStream).SaveToFile(LFileName)
// else the implementation has changed ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I typecast the ContentStream as a TMemoryStream and SaveToFile worked perfectly.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

You'd need to typecast it to a TMemoryStream in order to do that, e.g:

if LResponse.ContentStream is TMemoryStream then
  TMemoryStream(LResponse.ContentStream).SaveToFile(LFileName)
// else the implementation has changed ;-)

Yes, it is exposed as TStream, but internally it's a TMemoryStream if I recall correctly. So yes, typecasting is needed.