Divad

Spring4d in Linux

hi all
has anyone used the spring4d on Linux in a webserver? it works really well in windows, but the moment I even include the container unit in an app for linux, it fails to start. I get a segmentation fault (in Apache).
thanks

Hi.

when you say as a daemon, I assume it’s not running as a web server ?

Thanks 

Which version of Linux/ apache are you using? Would you be willing to share an example of code that runs? 
I tried again today and on a web service that runs perfectly, I added the spring. Container to the uses clause and it fails. Not other change made 

im at a loss 😞

thanks 

6 hours ago, Divad said:

Which version of Linux/ apache are you using? Would you be willing to share an example of code that runs? 
I tried again today and on a web service that runs perfectly, I added the spring. Container to the uses clause and it fails. Not other change made 

im at a loss 😞

thanks 

See this example project: https://github.com/joaoduarte19/DMVC-with-Spring4D-DI

I use Ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 to deploy in production. For testing and debugging I use Windows WSL.

Hi. 
Thanks for that. I have tried to compile it, but it seems to have many errors.. so perhaps there is a different version of spring? I have installed MVC, but still cannot compile.
Where is this sample from? 

thanks

Edited by Aztec

On 7/21/2023 at 6:13 PM, Aztec said:

Hi. 
Thanks for that. I have tried to compile it, but it seems to have many errors.. so perhaps there is a different version of spring? I have installed MVC, but still cannot compile.
Where is this sample from? 

thanks

You have to use the Spring development branch

Hi.

Ok, so I downloaded the development branch, and installed it into delphi.

(Removed everything from before)

I then added spring.container to the uses clause of my unit, built and deployed. 

Tried to start apache and get a segmentation fault. Removed the unit from the uses clause, recompiled, and everything works.

FYI: Linux is Ubuntu 22.04, running virtualmin. Delphi 11.3 

I have no idea what else to try!

thanks

Hi

I have tried with both..

my own application that has code (TMS coomponents)

and a simple app that simply does nothing.

Same result

9 hours ago, Aztec said:

Hi.

Ok, so I downloaded the development branch, and installed it into delphi.

(Removed everything from before)

I then added spring.container to the uses clause of my unit, built and deployed. 

Tried to start apache and get a segmentation fault. Removed the unit from the uses clause, recompiled, and everything works.

FYI: Linux is Ubuntu 22.04, running virtualmin. Delphi 11.3 

I have no idea what else to try!

thanks

Perhaps the problem occurs because you are deploying your application as an Apache module. In my case I don't use apache, I deploy it as a self-contained application running as a Linux service.

The way an Apache module is started is different from a self-contained application. It may be that this is causing a failure in the Spring container.

Yes it seems to be the case. I created a simple self contained app, and it runs.. Thats a pain!

I assume you running your app as a web service?  if so what are you using as an alternative to Apache? We will have many thousands of users, so need something robust.

thanks!

25 minutes ago, Aztec said:

I assume you running your app as a web service?  if so what are you using as an alternative to Apache? We will have many thousands of users, so need something robust.

I run my web services as self-contained services, so I use Indy as the HTTP server. However, all my webservices are behind a reverse proxy (Nginx), so I can set up load balancing for endpoints with a large flow of requests.