Sign in to follow this  
Dave Craggs

TFrames in pallete

HI All,

I have some frames I have created. I moved them to another folder, but am now getting errors when loading forms using the frames.

I updated the paths in the project file, but that did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Interersting, if I open just the project it works. If I open the grouproject it is a part of it doesn't. Have changed the references in all the other projects.

Ah - found some references in .dproj files

I learned that the IDE will also get confused when you have two or more projects in a group (call them "A" and "B") and when you have a frame "TMyFrame" in both project "A" and "B". It will sometimes show A.MyFrame in project B and vice-versa, depending on which frame was opened first.

1 hour ago, Der schöne Günther said:

I learned that the IDE will also get confused when you have two or more projects in a group (call them "A" and "B") and when you have a frame "TMyFrame" in both project "A" and "B".

That is not limited to frames, but affects forms and data modules, too. Looking for external links is done by component names - thus the first found wins.

One could argue that this could be extended by inspecting the unit names available in the uses clause, but it is just the other way round: When the (wrong) component is found by name, the (wrong) unit name is automatically inserted when it is not available in the uses clause already.

The designer part of the IDE is a mighty and sophisticated invention, but it has its limitations. What can be done is not nearly the same as what should be done.