alphac

Component issues when installing sasl-oauth

Using Delpi Rio 10.3.  I'm trying to install the sasl-oauth branch using the directions in https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy/wiki/Updating-Indy
If i install indy, (Succesfully compiles and installs), multiple other components seem to lose their bpl files in the Packages window and say cannot be found.  Then vice versa when i reinstall those components...indy gets unregistered from the package list.  Mainly TMS components but others too.  I have tried using the automatic cleanup tool and the manual deletion of previous files.  Any idea what may be the problem?

58 minutes ago, alphac said:

If i install indy, (Succesfully compiles and installs), multiple other components seem to lose their bpl files in the Packages window and say cannot be found.

What are the actual error messages?  Changes are, those components are linked to the version of Indy that is pre-installed with the IDE, and will need to be recompiled if you install a different version of Indy, as a few method signatures did change to accommodate the OAuth SASL.

1 hour ago, alphac said:

Then vice versa when i reinstall those components...indy gets unregistered from the package list.

That is odd, not sure what to make of that.

I suspect you may be right about other components being linked to version of Indy that is pre-installed with Delphi IDE.  Messages I get are:
"Can't load package" followed by:
When installing Indy...
"C:Users\PublicDocuments\...TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE12.bpl" etc etc

When reinstalling components "knocked-out" from above...
"C:Users\PublicDocuments\...dclIndyCore260.bpl"
"C:Users\PublicDocuments\...dclIndyProtocols260.bpl"

"The specified module could not be found..."
Thanks