Halted

Rad studio install on several machines

Hi, 

I have to perform a second install of RAD Studio into a Win 11 virtual machine.

What is the right procedure forthe license ?

Do I have to use the online registration or is there a way to export the license from my main machine which I  have to keep available as spare ?

Licenses are bound to the machine name, so you probably have to use your serial to register online on the new system. This should work for a certain (low) number of times after which you need to ask for a registration bump. If you have an active subscription you can contact support for that, otherwise you need to ask sales for a bump. 

11 minutes ago, Halted said:

I have to perform a second install of RAD Studio into a Win 11 virtual machine.

What is the right procedure for the license ?

Do I have to use the online registration or is there a way to export the license from my main machine which I  have to keep available as spare ?

If you need to do that more than once:

If you have got an active subscription, I suggest to have your license converted into a Network Named User license (As far as I know that's possible any time and does not cost anything. Ask Embarcadero.). This will allow you as many installations as you like as long as the user name is the same on all installations. You'd need to run the Embarcadero License Center on the network though, but that can also be a virtual machine. I blogged about that a while ago.

If it's only this one time: The License used to be bound to the computer name (I think that's still the case) and you could copy the contents of the directory C:\ProgramData\Embarcadero to the new machine (But again: You have to use the same computer name for this to work, which is only possible if only one computer with that name is on the Network at any time.)

If that doesn't work, try a new online activation. If that doesn't work because you have already reached the maximum number of possible installations (2!) the you need to contact Embarcadero sales to bump the number of activations for you.

Many thanks for your answers.

I registered it online and, since I am under valid subscription,  I'll see with Embarcadero if there is a problem