JDRenk

Open File Dialog

I have added the File Menu (from File Menu Template) to my Main Menu along with Open Dialog and Save Dialog and it is not working.  I have compared it with working code and it is the same.  The difference is under Structure, the File Icons are partially shown which seems to indicate something amiss.  

Thanks,

Jeff

I don't understand what you are describing.  Please clarify.  What EXACTLY is not working?  What steps did you take to set it up, and what steps did you take to see that it is not working?

19 hours ago, JDRenk said:

I have added the File Menu (from File Menu Template) to my Main Menu along with Open Dialog and Save Dialog and it is not working.  I have compared it with working code and it is the same.  The difference is under Structure, the File Icons are partially shown which seems to indicate something amiss.  

Thanks,

Jeff

Have you added handlers for the menu items OnClick event to call the dialog's Execute method? The menu items do not do that automatically. However, if you use a TActionlist with the standard file actions (added from the context menu of the action list editor) you can tie the actions to the appropriate menu items and they come with their own integrated file dialogs; you do not need to add the dialogs to the form manually.