Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Hans♫ last won the day on November 20 2020

Hans♫ had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

56 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hans♫

    Delphi and the new Apple M1 CPU

    The roadmap refers to ARM M1 as a target platform. What I am referring to is to be able to debug the Intel target on an ARM M1 CPU. I can deploy and run from Delphi on the M1 CPU, but I cannot debug. It might not be possible to use the CPU view in Delphi, as it would have to work through the Rosetta 2 converter, but limited debug facilities would suffer, e.g. Breakpoints and variable inspection.
  2. Hans♫

    Delphi and the new Apple M1 CPU

    Now I had time to investigate it a bit further. Looks like debug mode does NOT work on the new M1 CPU. I can run a MacOS application from Delphi on the M1 Mac, without debugging, but when I run in debug mode I get the error: "unable to create process 'debug kernel timeout'". The same application runs fine in Debug mode when using an Intel Mac having the same versions of MacOS (Big Sur) and XCode. Before I create an issue on on Quality Portal. Are there any suggestions for things I should try first? - or extra information I can retrieve and include in the issue?
  3. It works with Delphi 🙂 Just received the Mac Mini with the new Apple M1 CPU. After a quick attempt to deploy our FMX app, I can confirm that PAServer runs and I can deploy and run our FMX app without problems. "Rosetta 2" seems to do the job very well!
  4. Hans♫

    AV with InApp purchase on MacOS

    I have attached the FMX.InAppPurchase.Mac.pas that we use so it is easy to use for others. All you need is to add it to your project and also add a modified version of FMX.InAppPurchase.pas where you include the file (just search for FMX.InAppPurchase.IOS, and see how that file is added, and do the same with the FMX edition) FMX.InAppPurchase.zip
  5. Hans♫

    AV with InApp purchase on MacOS

    We use InApp purchase on MacOS and it works fine. Sorry for not updating this thread. I worked with David directly to solve the problem in our code, but I think David has implemented his own solution in his Kastri framework: https://github.com/DelphiWorlds/Kastri
  6. Hans♫

    FMX Audio Plug-in development with FMX

    You'll probably need to do a lot of tweaking and manual work to create an AU with Delphi. The recommendation from Apple is to inherit from the AU base classes: "The quickest way, the one endorsed by Apple, and the one described in this document, is to subclass the appropriate C++ superclasses of the freely-downloadable Core Audio SDK." https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/MusicAudio/Conceptual/AudioUnitProgrammingGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html When I have needed to access C++ objects in Delphi, I have flattened them, but I don't know if this can be done everywhere in this situation. Someone else can probably tell you more about how you can handle that.
  7. EarMaster is a unique and highly praised app made in Delphi for Windows, MacOS and iOS. We are looking for a unique profile, and therefore I also share the job internationally. For the right person, this will be a dream job that might make you consider to relocate to Denmark! This job is at our office in Aarhus, Denmark, and remote work is not an option - don't waste your time to ask if we are sure, or if we have other jobs for remote workers 😉 The job add is in Danish, but it is not an absolute requirement that you speak Danish if you have strong English skills. The Google translated job add can be accessed here: https://www.it-jobbank.dk/jobannonce/362739/musikalsk-lead-udvikler-til-verdenskendt-musikteori-app You can find more information about the app at our Website: https://www.earmaster.com Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/eartraining and for a more technical insight, here is the video we made 4 years ago when our iPad app became the Embarcadero "Cool App Winner":
  8. Hans♫

    Controlling Canon EOS cameras

    I made Delphi headers for the Canon SDK about 20 years ago. It allowed me to connect to the camera, show live preview, zoom, take pictures and download the pictures into my software. Don't know if the headers are of any use with the current SDK, but if you want to try, you can get it. No support included 😉
  9. Hans♫

    Record and process audio

    Sorry I didn't see that. I have sent a PM with those headers too. However, there are a lot of details to figure out before you can achieve what you want. Having the headers is just a small part of it. With a lot of Googling, reading and persistence - eventually you will get through 😉 Keep up the spirit!
  10. Hans♫

    Record and process audio

    If have sent a PM with the file, but you are far from done having this file. The best advice is to find code in Objective-C that does what you want, and then convert it to Delphi - which might include a few headaches.
  11. Hans♫

    Record and process audio

    All the AudioQueue... functions are in iOSapi.AudioToolbox. Do you know how to convert the SDK headers your self? - or else I can send you my version of the file.
  12. Hans♫

    Record and process audio

    We have developed a low-level audio input solution for Windows, MacOS and iOS. It allows us to process audio immediately when each buffer is filled and delivered to our code. I cannot share my code here, but here are some hints of the API functions we use on iOS: AudioQueueNewInput AudioQueueAllocateBuffer AudioQueueEnqueueBuffer AudioQueueStart AudioQueueStop
  13. I suppose the problem you have is the one described here: https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/platforms/f/macos-platform/70850/macbook-pro-high-sierra-gui-is-zoomed
  14. Thanks, I got that email too, but obviously missed the part about the storyboard 🙂