Sign in to follow this  
Tommi Prami

Delphi feature request of compiler directives (vote if care)

It is not clear to me what this issue is about. Currently you can use the abbreviated version as well as the verbose one. I don't see where hint/warning/error settings come into play here, besides the directives affecting them.

• Like 1

Just curious: do you really have much of these directives extensively used? I only needed overflow checks to do some bit magic, probably range checks for endless arrays that WinAPI likes to use and that's all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

It is not clear to me what this issue is about. Currently you can use the abbreviated version as well as the verbose one. I don't see where hint/warning/error settings come into play here, besides the directives affecting them.

To make sure that none Abbreviated versions creep in. If it is your cup of tee.

-Tee-

• Like 1

So you are out for a warning/hint when abbreviations are used? (I won't consider error as long as CTRL-O-O actually follows such a setting)

You might consider to rephrase the description as it isn't clear IMHO.

21 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

So you are out for a warning/hint when abbreviations are used? (I won't consider error as long as CTRL-O-O actually follows such a setting)

You might consider to rephrase the description as it isn't clear IMHO.

Rephrased in  comments and in Jira, user can't edit it so...

Ah,

And forgot that this forum won't let me edit after some time period. Never understood why. Maybe someone at past has been D**K HEAD abusing the edit functionality.  Would be better to kick those out, than not been able to correct typos and mistakes, or give more info to the initial message, if problem has been solved. But I digress..

Edited by Tommi Prami
Made point bit more clear I hope
  • Like 1