Sign in to follow this  
ertank

Problem running blank iOS app on iOS Simulator

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.3.1 Rio and I am very new to iOS part of FMX platform.

I have macOS 10.14 Mojave and XCode 10.2. I am not sure if that is a correct setup. My trials convinced me that it is simply impossible to install any older version of XCode on macOS 10.14 Mojave.

When I try to run a blank project on iOS Simulator targeting iPhone 5s and iOS SDK 11.0 or, iOS SDK 12.1 or, iOS SDK 12.2 (I am yet to try iOS SDK 9.0):

I see splash screen right after running newly installed app and then it closes instantly without any message being displayed. I could not see empty form just once.

I believe application is crashing, but I do not see any log messages or anything about that. I cannot understand reason why.

As to documentation iOS 12, iOS 11, iOS 10 is supported by Delphi Rio ( http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/Supported_Target_Platforms ). There are no details as to XCode version or macOS version that I should be using for testing or deploying iOS apps.

On the other hand it is indicated in the URL that macOS Mojave is supported and same application indeed runs fine when I target to macOS Mojave 32Bits.

1- Is there anything that I am doing wrong?

2- Is there a way I can test an iOS application using that setup?

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

Yes, iOS 10.x simulators are working.

I was so tired downloading and testing those simulators that I feel the need to ask in here.

Thanks.