LeusKapus

Current alternatives for SMTP with TLS 1.3

Hey all,

Wonder if you can recommend a good alternative to Indy to use SMTP with TLS 1.3, since it is not clear if this will be implemented in any foreseable future.

I used to use SecureBlackBox but they got acquired and now there is no way to buy it as a separate component without spending $2,000 in a license for a thousand others I don't need (as nice as they may be).

Pricing is a critical thing - I'm not getting a dime for the work I'm currently doing, so at most I'm able to spend a few hundreds in a component for this.

Looking forward to your recommendations!

Edited by LeusKapus

7 hours ago, LeusKapus said:

Wonder if you can recommend a good alternative to Indy to use SMTP with TLS 1.3, since it is not clear if this will be implemented in any foreseable future.

Indy's support for TLS 1.3 has already been implemented here, it just hasn't been merged into the main codebase yet.   There is a difference.  You are free to try the code for yourself and see if it meets your needs.  Eventually, it will get merged in, I just couldn't tell you when.  That doesn't mean you can't use it today.  Other people are.

• Thanks 1