martini002

Remote Delphi developer position

Hi,

Please go through the requirement given below and kindly send me your updated resume in a PDF document along with your minimum expected hourly rate, contact details, current location and availability. Please let me know if you would like to work on our UTC.

Please email a "link" of your resume in PDF format to martini00u@gmail.com.

-

Position: Delphi Developer

Mode of Interview: Skype call(No video needed)

Duration: 6+ Months Contract possible Extension

Job Description
    Our company is looking for mid-weight or experienced Delphi developers who has experience with TMS Components(If you don't, then go read the documentation and get back here, it's pretty simple if you have Delphi experience)

- 5+ years of experience in software development.
    - Have Embarcadero Delphi Developer Certification(Not limitative).
    - Experience with Embarcadero Delphi version 10.X or later software.

- Proficiency and Fluent in
        MySQL, database design and deploying.
        Apache, administration and implementation.
        Python 3, development.        
        Client Server Software development.
        Embarcadero Delphi version 10.1 or higher.
        Fluent using operating systems such as Linux, Red Hat, Windows server 2008/2012.

- Prefer experience in
        TMS Components

Important:
If you fit the profile we are needing and you are interested then I will invite you to develop a DEMO application to prove your skills, such project is already hosted in freelancer.com and upwork.com, so you will need an account in any of those platforms.

This DEMO project will be payed based on your deadline and hourly rate that you stablish.    

Best regards.
Martin O.

Telegram: martini002
Email: martini00u@gmail.com

Edited by martini002

Your assessment could be correct but at the same time they could have been burned in the past.  What is interesting is the strong emphasis on TMS.

7 hours ago, David Heffernan said:

Staggering that an employer could post something as demeaning as this. 

Honestly I would like to understand why you affirm that, may could we know which are your arguments?, it is a job based on a specific requirement.

The emphasis on one third party component system is just strange.  They could have said DevExpress, JCL/JVCL, Woll2Woll InfoPower and on and on as a requirement.

A developer uses the best tools for any given situation.

I have used TMS products in the past especially their TAdvStringGrid which I use to love including in my projects.

However, when they decided to stop selling the grid package by itself and put it in a larger component package with other "useless" components and increased the pricing a large amount I considered that a break with their agreement with me.

5 hours ago, TazKy said:

A developer uses the best tools for any given situation.

Not necessarily.

An emphasis on a specific library is most likely caused by existing use and thus an investment in that library. Regardless of "bestness".

6 hours ago, David Heffernan said:

6 month contract and you have to jump through all these hoops. It's a seller's market right now.  

I'm really impressed with the unfair judgment made here.

We already have a team of developers working in important private project owned by the company I represent, and at this point I have hired 4 new developers this week and interviewed more than 20 in the last two weeks,

they faced this job offer very positively, rather than you, this is a specific job that could last for 6 months at least,

we need the development to be continued using the already implemented components, such like TMS;

I don't see the problem with it. Really!

If you don't like this job proposal then dismiss it, don't waste time and effort in things that you don't like, don't think you?

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:35 PM, David Heffernan said:

Staggering that an employer could post something as demeaning as this. 

Actually, I think it's far better than most job reqs I've seen that all look like they were copy-pasted from a book of generic job descriptions. I think it would help if it mentioned the application domain(s) that they're hiring for, along with some typical tasks they expect to accompany some of the skill requirements. (Apache, Linux, Windows ... beyond writing code ... sounds like an IT role.)

• Like 1