Sign in to follow this  
Magno

MySql lib client not working with Ubuntu Linux

My program should run with Linux, when connecting to MySQL, using Firedac, I am having the error below:

Error: [FireDAC][Phys][MySQL]-314. Cannot load vendor library [/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so]. Hint: check it is in the PATH or application EXE directories, and has x64 bitness.

The message is sent by my own program, here I attempt to load the lib and having this issue. I had a similar issue when working with MacOS but I was able to fix it. The software is the same I have running with MacOS. Any tips on what I could check? I am running Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-105-generic x86_64)

I followed every single step from https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/Connect_to_MySQL_Server_(FireDAC)

Ubuntu 20.04 has libmysqlclient21 not the libmysqlclient20 on that linked webpage. Did you update the package install and link command to refer to 21 instead of 20 like shown below?

sudo apt update
sudo apt install libmysqlclient21
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so.21 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so

• Like 1